We just got an URGENT phone call about a poisoned dog who was bleeding excessively from his mouth.
About a month ago, we posted about a poisoned dog who was extremely sick, and we were able to get him to the vet in time to save his life. Sadly, he started bleeding yesterday and his caretaker found him in terrible condition today. Blood was coming from his mouth, so we originally thought he could have blood parasites. We quickly performed a test, and it came back negative. This caused the vet to come to the conclusion that the poor dog was still suffering from a poison called Warfarin, and it was responsible for the bleeding.
His gums were completely white, and the blood was coming from his teeth. We thought he had recovered well after his treatment, but it clearly was not enough. There's no antidote for this poison. The only treatment that will help is Vitamin K to stop the bleeding and liver supplements and lots of good nutrition.
Sadly, he's a Temple dog, so good food is very scarce where he lives. He'll be having daily Vitamin K injections for the next 6 days, and he's on a course of liver medication.
He truly needs all the help we can give. Please consider donating to his medical needs or sending him an item from his wishlist that he needs. Please help us to help this lovely young dog recover as he deserves a chance to live a healthy life.